BLS students, faculty, and staff now have access to the Thomson Reuters Proview eBook Reader. Proview makes traditional books in the Library’s collection available on a desktop through Westlaw, or on a laptop or tablet after downloading the Thomson Reuters ProView app., giving users the flexibility to work wherever they are, whenever they want.
After logging on to Westlaw, follow these steps:
- Click or tap on “Practice Ready”
- Scroll to “Law eBook Access”
- Click on “Access Now”
You will then get an alphabetical listing of the covers of the titles that are available through the BLS Library. Then go to the title you are interested in; on the left you will see an icon to access the table of contents to aid in your research. There is also a search icon that allows you to search within the book. Additional features that make for ease of use are:
- Create bookmarks, highlight text, and write annotations
- Create PDFs and share sections of a text or links to specific sections
- Tap or click on a case, statute or regulation to link to the full text of a document in your Westlaw account
- Content automatically updates on your browser or via prompts on downloaded content in a digital device
You can also access a ProView eBook from SARA, the library catalog, by entering a title and then clicking on the link to the ProView version. You may also do a keyword search using the phrase “proview ebook” to obtain a list of all titles available at BLS as a ProView eBook.