HeinOnline’s United Nations Law Collection is available to researchers at the Brooklyn Law School Library. The collection includes a broad range of material, including many sources of interest to legal researchers, including the following 9 unique sections:
- Treaty Publications
- International Court of Justice (ICJ)
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
- International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea (ITLOS)
- United Nations Yearbooks
- United Nations Serials – NEW
- Codification and Progressive Development of International Law
- United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research (UNIDIR)
- Other Related Works:
Hein has put together a Quick Reference Guide for using the collection’s special features that include:
- Access to a UN Treaty by inserting the UNTS Citation.
- Search for a UN Treaty by treaty/registration number, date, parties involved.
- Search by subject area, as all treaties have been assigned a Subject in Kavass’s Guide to the United States Treaties in Force.
- Find and link directly to law review articles that cite a specific UN Treaty.
- Further link to documents such as U.S. Statutes or other Federal Regulations.
- Jump to a treaty or series relevant to a popular name by using an International Agreements by Popular Name Index.